Sunday, November 21, 2010

Arm Warmers

Do you remember these cute leg warmers I made for Petey for her awesome Halloween costume? They now serve two purpose. Leg warmers---and arm warmers. I found the idea HERE and just knew I had to try them out but we were in a hurry to get to the park so I used a pair I had already sewn into leg warmers and just cut tiny holes for Petey's thumbs. The thumb hole is her favorite part about them. :)
These are perfect for our Arizona winter weather during the day. It gets cool but not freezing so we usually wear light sweaters but I think you'll be seeing a lot more of these on my girly. The only thing I did differently than the tutorial was that Petey's arms are shorter (and actually her legs too, since we originally made these into leg warmers) so I cut the socks right after the heel.
By the way, I apologize for missing Flashback Friday. Did you even notice? :) I'll be missing it this week too with all of the Thanksgiving festivities but possibly it will start back up in December.
And that's how Suze sews it.

No comments: