Friday, November 12, 2010

Flashback Friday

Meet [one of ] my best friend[s].

My brother, Wilbur-force, is one of the coolest kids you will ever meet. I have known this kid for 13 years---yes, he is 13 years old---but I didn't meet him as a newborn. Because he is just special that way.
Wilbur-force wasn't like his other 5 siblings (all girls). We all came out of our mom's tummy. Wilbur-force was picked. If you ask him where he came from, he'll say, "Under a rock." or "From a strange world." because he has aquired my sarcasm and humor.
He reminds me of me.
I have heard probably 100 times that he looks like me---and yet, we share no genes.
Wilbur-force and I shared a bedroom for many years---because I was just that lucky.
Wilbur-force conquered (and I do mean conquered) a stroke when he was born. He has to work hard every day to use the left side of his body. But he does it. Because Wilbur-force is strong.
Wilbur-force has always loved me unconditionally. When things were rough in high school, he was always there at the end of the day to give me a kiss. When I moved out of my house, I broke his heart. When I came back, he was happier than I've ever seen. I know I affected him and though I'll always regret that, it makes me love him even more to know that he never gave up on me.
When I got married, Wilbur-force was probably a foot shorter than me. He is now 4 1/2 inches taller.


I know you wish he was your brother. But he's mine. And he always will be. As of 12 years ago on Halloween, Wilbur-force is a part of our family for eternity.

I think we got the luckier end of the deal.

And that's how Suze sees it.

1 comment:

Shay said...

That was so sweet! I love eternal families:-)