Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Felt Turkey

I am feeling pretty legit tonight in the craft department because for the first time, I didn't use a tutorial I found online! I made something up on my own.
Lately, I've been weird and have been trying to save everything I can and reuse it for some sort of craft. So of course when we ran out of paper towels---I just had to reuse the cardboard cylinder!

What you'll need:
  • empty paper towel roll/toilet paper roll
  • different colored felt
  • brown scrapbook paper
  • hot glue gun
  • mod podge
  • little beady eyes
  • orange or brown yarn

First, I mod podged the scrapbook paper to my paper towel roll and let it dry.

In the meantime, I cut out feathers for my turkey with felt. I actually ended up cutting more than this, as you'll see in the next pictures.
I hot glued each feather to the back of the paper towel roll and glued on the eyes and a triangle piece of felt for a beak. And as you'll notice, I cut the paper towel roll down because it was way too long (hence the reason you can use a toilet paper roll too).
Here is what it looks like from the back. Not very neat at all.
Then I realized my turkey was very top heavy so I looked around for something to glue him onto. Luckily for Mr. Turkey, Petey had gotten into my make up earlier that day and had ruined my entire case of blush---but I'm glad I held onto the tin case because I found Mr. Turkey a new home! I just hot glued him onto the tin case.

Then I realized how dumb my turkey looked with a black metal case so I decided to hide his home with orange yarn. I just hot glued the yarn in a circle over and over and over again!
Then, I bunched up some individual pieces of yarn...
...and stuck them on top of the wrapped yarn. Doesn't it almost look like a nest for my pretty turkey?
I have lots of crafting tutorials to show you so look forward to more crafts ahead!

No comments: