Tuesday, November 30, 2010

What is my special number?

I found the idea for this on a blog that I stalk here. Maybe I will start hosting a link party once a week---let's just see how this first one goes.

My special number right now could be seen as 2 or even 3. It will hopefully grow in years to come so I am not quite sure what my exact number is.

Number one happened within weeks of us getting married. I felt nothing. I wasn't sick, I never showed, and I felt none of the other symptoms as I did with my second and third pregnancies. On June 20th, 2007, I started spotting and called my doctor. They told me not to worry much but to go home and be on bedrest for the day. I met my husband at home and I cried for hours. I knew I was losing my baby. That night, I couldn't stay in the house any longer so we went to my parents for a BBQ they were having with my brother-in-law's family. About halfway through, I went in to the bathroom and my nightmare had come true. I had miscarried at 11 weeks. I quietly went into my parents room and cried. I wont go into more details but I was humiliated when I called my doctor to tell him. That was an infuriating phone call. It took me weeks to feel ok again and I often wondered if I would ever carry a baby full term (a dramatic thought but one that I'm sure any woman would feel after miscarrying before having any other children).

Number two was so special. I had experiences between the miscarriage and this pregnancy that helped me grow in so many ways. She happened that August and was born the next May, one day before her daddy's birthday. I was sick. I felt everything. The nausea was horrible and I had to wear sea bands and take anti-nausea meds to keep anything down. I was sick until about 28 weeks and ironically, at 30 weeks, I was put on bedrest (so 2 weeks of "easiness" the whole pregnancy) for Preeclampsia and stayed on bedrest until 36 weeks, when our beautiful Petey was born via emergency c section. She was a teeny little thing but came full of spunk and sass. We love our special number two.

Number three was a breeze. He happened around Christmas in 2008 and joined our family the next October, exactly a week before my birthday. I felt it but not the same as with Petey. I was never sick and never had any problems. I worked up until the day he was born and planned to have a VBAC but that was the only plan that didn't work, Our handsome little man was born via planned-last-minute-c-section at 39 weeks and was only a pound bigger than his tiny sister had been. He was a dream baby and has always been a happy kid (except for recently when he learned how to throw full blown temper tantrums).

Numbers four, five, six, seven, eight, nine and ten are still awaiting their time on earth...just kidding. Seriously, I'm kidding.
I am not quite sure what God has in store for our family but I believe that three is not our number. I will be sure to let you know when I feel the right number and then I will make a special post of my very special number.

So what is YOUR special number?

Remember to link up to my post with a post from your own blog (link up by clicking on the link below that says "You are next...click here". It will tell you what to do from there) instead of leaving me a comment (or do both). :) I would love to read your story.

***This link party will close on Sunday, December 5th, 2010***

2 comments:

jen said...

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog! Always happy to make a new friend.
I'm following, and I'll be back!
What day is your son's bday? Evie's is 10/23.

Shay said...

I wish I had a special number:-( Soon... In the meantime, you should do another link post about something I can link to...like ummm....food?! HA!