Thursday, November 18, 2010

No Sew Fabric Flower

I've seen this done more than once and it was months ago so I don't have a link for credit and I probably didn't do it exactly the way it was originally posted.

I love all things flowered. I love making fabric flowers, felt flowers, bow flowers, etc so I knew I needed to try this one out and see if I liked it.

Start out with a strip of fabric. Mine was approx 4 inches wide and maybe 18 inches long (the length will vary, depending on how thick you want your flower).
Fold the piece of fabric in half and pin it where the edges meet.
Cut slits in the fabric on the folded edge approx 1/2 inch apart.
Tie a knot in one end of the fabric. You can do this before or after you've cut the slits. It wont make much of a difference.
Place a dab of hot glue on the knot and start wrapping your fabric around the knot, placing dots of glue where they need to be to hold the fabric in place.
This is what the bottom will look like as you are wrapping it.
That is really all there is to it. This is my flower all finished and fluffy. I really like the way it turned out.
The back view of the flower.
And what did I do with my flower? Well, I made myself a Moby Wrap almost a year ago and have loved using it but I could never find the middle of the fabric to wrap it evenly. So I made some cute flowers and glued them to the middle of my wrap. Now everytime I go to wrap it, it gets wrapped evenly! Happy momma, happy baby.
Off the subject of fabric flowers, I also hemmed my moby wrap because it was starting to fray and I added another 3 feet to it. Why? Because soon we will be on a plane and I plan on carrying my son in my Moby---but I cant sit for 10 hours with a knot tied right in my back. So I added more fabric and now my Moby ties in the front!
Excuse the cheesy smile, I was trying to get my chubber boy to smile big for the camera.
And that's how Suze crafts it.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

So cute! I love the flowers on the wrap. The flowers are darling. They actually remind me of some flowers I made... that I DID sew, which is funny ... but these are cuter! :)