Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Halloween Project: Hand Spiders

I found a cute idea on Pinterest that I wanted to try with my kids so last night, we made it happen!

Things you'll need:
Black paint
White paint
Orange paper
Cute little children hands
First, we painted Spidey's hand, not including his thumb (because spider's only have 8 legs, not 10.).

Then, I pushed his hand onto the paper to make a handprint (minus the thumb). We painted his hand again and turned the paper around and then made another handprint going the opposite direction.

Then I washed those cute little fingers so he didn't make a mess.


Then, it was Petey's turn. Here we are painting her hand the second time around to make a handprint going the opposite direction from the first handprint you see on the paper.

She did so well and didnt curl her fingers when I pushed her hand onto the paper.

Then, I cleaned up her hand as well.

I sent the kids to watch a movie and I took a pencil eraser and dipped it in the white paint to make circles for the eyes. I added a tiny dot of black on top of that and voila! Our spiders have eyes!

I had a white picture frame laying around so I stuck the spider picture in it and hung it up on the wall. Adorable and homemade. And since I had all the materials, this project was free for us!


And that's how Suze crafts.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

That is cute!! Glad it turned out so well. Very fun idea. It looks great in the frame

Kelli said...

So adorable! I love that you framed it. What a fun idea!