Thursday, October 27, 2011

Things About Me

Well, since I have gotten a lot of new readers in the past couple of months, I thought I would tell you some facts about myself, mostly about my growing up years (Actually, mostly just about high school...not sure how much "growing up" I did in those 4 years).
This is me at the age of 3 or 4 (around Petey's age right now). Notice the super awesome golden brown curly hair and those big, chubby cheeks? Yes, I lost my baby fat...I think it happened around the time that I turned 16. :) (But now I seem to have found it all again.)

This is my absolute favorite picture of my high school years. Sometimes I look at this picture and think, "Is that really ME?" I know, I know, I'm being kind of vain. But I hope everyone has a favorite picture of themselves. It's good to like our beauty without sounding vain.

In high school, I had nearly perfect hair. I could curl it, straighten it, dye it, bleach it, etc and it would do exactly what I wanted. I guess eight years later, the bad way I've treated my hair has finally caught up with me.

In high school, I went to ANASAZI (see www.ANASAZI.org) and became a more outdoorsy kind of person. Whil visiting my favorite friend (Yes, you're my favorite, Sam) up in Utah, we hiked the Y and I nearly died. I couldn't believe how wimpy I was! I did make it to the top but only after multiple complaints and breaks. :) (Sorry, Sam and Emmy.)

I was involed in a lot of activities as a teenager. Dance, choir, marching band (color guard), etc. This picture is of my senior dance recital. I am all the way on the left. Did you find me? Yup, right there. I still love to dance but unfortunatly, I am overweight, out of shape, and completely out of practice. But in the privacy of my own home, the kids and I do A LOT of dancing. :)

This one time, at band...all the color guard members took a picture. Can you find me? Look harder. Look for the girl in the red shirt. You've found me! I love and sincerely miss color gaurd. I have so many fond memories of dancing, throwing rifles/flags/sabres into the air and perfecting the art of catching them. Seriously, Boss' cousins are in marching band (one did color guard last year) and I WISHED I could be her coach.

Another color guard picture. There's only 5 people so by process of elimination, you've probably already found me. :) And if you havent, just point your eyes at the girl posing like a weirdo. You've found me!

Another thing that I love is to sing. If you've ever riden in a car with me, this is not news to you. :) My sisters and I love to sing together and do it as often as possible. I think I was 13 in the picture above, singing karaoke with my older sis, Andrea. (I'm in blue...not red.)

I really, really, really, really, REALLY love having all of my sisters. It's honestly one of the reasons I want to have another daughter so badly. We have so much fun together. And me being the youngest (Ok, second to youngest but sweet little Candace can't talk and doesn't like to go on trips, act crazy, etc with us.), I like feeling like I am hip and cool (Ok, now I'm just laughing at the things that are being typed...but they are pretty honest so you can laugh all you want).

My sisters took all of the height from me. I got none of it. They are all 5'6-5'8 and I'm 5'2.

Included in this awesome family of mine is also my youngest sibling, my only brother. He is more special than words can describe. All in all, my entire family is just special!

I live a pretty fun life.

Lived. Live. Will live.


And that's how Suze sees it.

1 comment:

Sam and Trev said...

YAY I'm special! ;) I love that pic of us. I showed it to Trevor and pointed to me and said, "who's that?" and he totally couldn't tell. But I'll give him credit it's REALLY hard to tell in that pic. So I clicked on it to make it bigger, only to realize I have like a gallon of water in my cheeks and it's even more unrecognizable that way. Oh well. What fun we had. I haven't hiked the Y since! Too exhausting for not too pretty of a hike. If you're ever back up here again we can go on a pretty and easy hike that even your kiddos can enjoy.