Monday, October 24, 2011

Mothers Who Know Are Nurturers

Mothers Who Know Are Nurturers
"Mothers who know are nurturers. This is their special assignment and role
under the plan of happiness. To nurture
means to cultivate, care for, and make grow. Therefore, mothers who know create
a climate for spiritual and temporal growth in their homes. Another word for
nurturing is homemaking. Homemaking includes cooking, washing
clothes and dishes, and keeping an orderly home. Home is where women have the
most power and influence; therefore, Latter-day Saint women should be the best
homemakers in the world. Working beside children in homemaking tasks creates
opportunities to teach and model qualities children should emulate. Nurturing
mothers are knowledgeable, but all the education women attain will avail them
nothing if they do not have the skill to make a home that creates a climate for
spiritual growth. Growth happens best in a “house of order,” and women should
pattern their homes after the Lord’s house (see D&C 109).
Nurturing requires organization, patience, love, and work. Helping growth occur
through nurturing is truly a powerful and influential role bestowed on women.
"

When I think of the word nurturing, I think of a person who speaks softly and lovingly, who shows others she cares for them and cares for herself.
This part of the talk seems easy enough and yet, it is probably more challenging than last week. I am not a good cook, nor do I like to cook. My house is often unorganized and choatic. I yell far too much at my children.
And the sad thing is, I recognize all of these things and know they are issues in my home. I am just so darn tired all the time, which can be chalked up to unhealthy eating habits and no exercise. "sigh"


This week, I plan to cook more meals for my family, organize my home, teach my children about the sweet spirits that they are, and better my health so that I have the energy to do all of the above. :)

AND Boss and I should finally be able to make it to the temple this Thursday.


I hope to make this week incredibly memorable and filled with happiness.
Because life is just too short to go through it without laughter and joy.


Please join me! And let me know if you would like to blog your feelings about how the challenge went for you this week. I'd love to give you a shout out and link to you on my blog.


And that's how Suze sees it.

1 comment:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Hey this is really cool! Thanks for talking about this very important talk!