Friday, October 21, 2011

Mothers Who Know Honor Sacred Ordinances and Covenants

At the beginning of the week, I posted my first challenge in becoming a mother who knows. Throughout the week, I have tried to stay true to this challenge and focus on it in my daily life.
On Wednesday, I took my kids over to the temple.
I brought Spidey his favorite book...our church's hymn book. That may seem odd to you but he has loved that book ever since he was little because he sees his Aunt Candace flipping through it daily (She has autism and has the entire 300+ pages memorized). Petey and I read some scriptures while Spidey played in the dirt. (That's my boy!) And boy was she a happy camper. We only read a couple of verses but I told her some Book of Mormon stories and we talked a lot about the temple and why we go there. Go to http://www.mormon.org if you would like to know more about temples and what I believe.

Today Boss and I had planned to go to the temple together but this morning, he was throwing up. I was sad that our temple trip was going to be canceled (we also tried to go last week and had to cancel). Then, I realized I could go alone. I didn't need to have him there and it might be a good experience for me to get some personal temple time.
So I did. And it was a very spiritual morning. When I was waiting, I open the Book of Mormon where I'd been reading in my personal studies and read a couple of chapters. I was reading in 1st Nephi, chapter 4, of when Nephi went back to Jerusalem to get the golden plates. Verse 6 really stood out to me:
"And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do."
Does anyone else ever feel like this? Like you know you are doing the right thing but you have no idea why? This verse hit me hard that as long as I stay close to the Spirit, I will be blessed and I will know what is right.
In those first days after being diagnosed with PCOS and realizing that it would be hard to have more children, I was angry and scared. I didn't know what to do or where to go next in my life. It wasn't until I got down on my knees and prayed that I felt peace and a reassurance that this IS the plan for me. And if I follow God's commandments, He will bless our family. And if we end up having no more children, I trust that He will give us peace to know that that is the right decision for our family.

I hope you will join me in becoming a mother who knows.

And that's how Suze sees it.

PS: If you blog about being a mother who knows, let me know so I can link up to you and refer my readers over to your blog.

No comments: