Sunday, August 14, 2011

4th of July Blocks

My sister in law and I are always finding new cute things to craft together. A couple months ago, she asked if I wanted to make blocks for each month of the year, like these ones. We bought all the wood and started sanding them together but never got around to doing anything else.
The other day, Petey and I were bored during Spidey's naptime and decided to break out some of the wood and start painting. My happy helper and I finished painting the July and August blocks and had a ton of fun doing it.

After we finished the painting, we did something a little bit different than the original tutorial.

We added scrapbook paper. I only got around to adding July's scrapbook paper and still havent added the words on each block but we'll find time another quiet afternoon. :)

This has been the perfect craft for Petey and I to do together. It isnt extremely messy or difficult and she loves helping me and then seeing our crafts put up during their seasons.

And as you can see, after I left the room, Sneaky Pants touched the wet yellow block and then touched the blue one. But there's no way I'm painting over those cute little finger prints. :)


And that's how Suze crafts it.

No comments: