Friday, August 12, 2011

Grandma Guthrie

A couple of days into our Carslbad trip, my dad got a call that his mom had a stroke and probably wouldn't make it through the next 24 hours. We waited to hear more news and only a couple of hours later, he got the call that my Grandma had passed away.
It was hard to be away from everyone and the reality didnt set in until the actual funeral, which was held the day we got back from California.
Her funeral was beautiful and though I hate to admit it, the only time I cried was during our grandchild/great-grandchild musical number where the spirit hit me so strong.
I am happy for my Grandma because she has been in pain for a long time and has wanted to pass on but it's sad to see my Grandpa lose the one person he loved the most. I don't think it would matter how old you are, it never gets easy to lose your spouse. My brother was a pall bearer and is on the left side in the very front. The other pall bearers were all of my male cousins. My sweet Grandpa is the one walking right behind the casket.



At the luncheon, these cute little kids became best friends. We've babysat B lots of times and so he is already friends with my kids but J quickly became Petey's friend.

They held hands everywhere they went. It. Was. Adorable.

Dont let his "huge smile" in this picture fool you, B was actually crying because he didnt want to take any pictures. :)


It was a wonderful day, learning about my Grandma's accomplishments and celebrating her life.


And that's how Suze sees it.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

So sorry this is how your vacation ended.

Meghan said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma :( Found you from your guestpost on Shay's blog! Newest follower! *hugs*