Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Carlsbad: Part 5...Disneyland!

Thursday morning, we got up bright and early and headed to Disneyland!

Spidey had a cute Buzz hat and a Woody shirt.
The first thing we did when we got there was get a picture with Minnie. Karin and Chris waited in line for us and let Petey cut and take a picture with them.

Petey in front of the castle.

The first ride we rode was Peter Pan. Petey and George loved it.

Next we split up and some people went to ride Toy Story while we wait OVER AN HOUR to meet the fairies. Here are the kids with Vidia I was surprised because when we got to the front of the line, Petey said, "Look, Mom, it's Bidio." And though I couldnt figure out what she was saying, I figured it out when Vidia introduced herself.

The kids with Tinkerbell. Petey was starstruck! She LOVED meeting Tinkerbell and still talks about it.

The first ride for Spidey was one of the A Bug's Life ones. I dont remember the name but here is a collage of Spidey riding it. Ya think he enjoyed it?

Next, we rode Heimlich's ride, which was really cute. Again, Spidey loved it.

After lunch {and a couple of big kid rides}, we rode the Jungle Cruise. Petey thought it was hilarious and Spidey had a good time, even though he jumped every time an animal popped out of the water or made a noise.

We exhausted Petey and she took a nap halfway through the day.

Then, we all rode Buzz Lightyear's ride, which was one of my favorite kid rides. Spidey LOVED moving that joystick in the middle and turning our spaceship in circles. Day one of Disneyland ended with one sleeping child......and one exhausted child.




We started day two of Disneyland at the Haunted Mansion, which was way too scary for my kids. I felt really bad.

After that, we rode Pirates of the Carribean, which my kids loved and hated. :) If we saw skeletons, Petey made me cover her eyes but she loved seeing the pirates and thought they were funny. Next, we rode Winnie the Poog. It was a really cute ride for the kids and my big sis, Karin, loves Winnie the Pooh so she got a picture with the little kids.


As Andrea and I were taking the little kids to some more rides, we walked around the corner and saw Woody standing there with hardly anybody around him! I was soooo happy that Spidey would get to meet his favorite character. He ran up and gave him a hug but then took a step back, looked at Woody's face and started screaming. So as the mean mom I am, I made him sit for a picture still. :)

K Bear looked intrigued with Woody.


The next ride we went on was called Casey Jr's Circus Train. After waiting 30 minutes for the ride, I realized Spidey had pooped all over his clothes so we excused ourselves out of line and I changed him. After trying to get back in line with my sister, the lady running the ride asked if Spidey had a shirt. She said he couldnt get on without a shirt. Urg! I had planned to go buy him some clothes after the ride was over since we had already waited a while with the kids so......I put an extra dress I had packed for Petey on my son. I know, I know, worst mom in the world award!!!


Petey was giving me a thumbs up, saying she liked the ride. :) And dont worry, the first thing we did after that ride was go buy Spidey an $18 onesie. :)

We only stayed halfway through Friday. The last thing we did was watch the Barbershop quartet sing while we each split off to buy souvenirs. Each of our kids got two things. Petey had picked out pink princess ears on Thursday and Spidey got the onesie so they each got to pick one stuffed animal. Petey picked Pascual from Tangled (he is adorable!) and Spidey picked Bullseye from Toy Story. We are thinking that eventually, he will have every single character from Toy Story. :)


It was such a fun trip and I'm sad that it's over but I'm also happy to be back in my own home, doing our own routine.


And that's how Suze sees it.

2 comments:

Emmy said...

Looks like everyone had a great time- other than the poop and your on wearing a girls dress ;). Hehe

Andrea Phillips said...

Pretty sure his name is "Winnie the Pooh," not "Winnie the Poog." :) Cute post Suz!