Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Carlsbad: Part 3

On Monday, we headed to the beach in the morning {again}.This time, my oldest sis and her family joined us.

The little kiddies enjoyed standing in the water and then running away when big waves would come. And yes, my kids had floaties on. There were more kids to pay attention to and I felt safer having them wear floaties.

Then, that afternoon, my kids and I took a 1.5 mile walk to a park. Petey LOVES these rocking animals whenever we go to the park.

Handsome Spidey, ready to head down the slide.

Tuesday morning, it was just me, my kids, my little sister and my mom (my oldest sis, her fam, my dad, and brother had gone to Disneyland that day...and my other sister and her fam had gone to San Jose to look for housing). It was a nice quiet morning and my kids watched some tv and Spidey flipped through the hymn book {seriously, he loves doing that}.

My mom and I were trying to figure out what fun things to do when we noticed that Spidey had fallen asleep at 8:45am on the couch. Weird boy.

We decided it would be fun to head to San Diego on the train so we headed there to get tickets.

The next train didnt arrive for 2 hours so we walked around Carlsbad Village and found a yogurt shop. Of course, Petey was rying because she always eats hers too fast and ends up with brain freeze. Poor girl.

And then we were off! PS: My little sis didnt get hurt...it's just faster to push her in a wheelchair. :)

Petey fell asleep on the train (it was such a weird "sleep" day for my kids).

Of course, our first stop in Seaport Village was Del Sol. My mom LOVES that store. Spidey is pointing to it for you in the picture. :)

Then, we stopped for cookies at a yummy little place we love. Mmmmm.

My mom took a picture of me and the kids and it didnt turn out half bad!

The last thing we did before heading home was ride the carousel. It was built in the 1800's and seriously was the scariest carousel ride Ive ever been on. It was going SO fast! I had a hard time holding on. haha. :)

My kiddies were so darn good for such a busy day.

Stay tuned for Part 4!

And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: