Saturday, August 6, 2011

Carlsbad: Part 1

Well, I figured since I have almost 300 pictures from the last week, I should start posting some of our fabulous trip.


And if you're a follower of my private family blog and am wondering why I'm posting this over here {and my last post on that blog was about my wisdom teeth}, I am considering just having one blog but keeping it public and keeping my children's names and some of our other information more private. Hence, the family vacation being posted here!

So anyway, we went to Carlsbad to stay at my parent's beach house. My dad drove me and my kids up there last Friday and Boss joined us the next Wednesday. My kids were cheery when we pulled out of the driveway and kept up the good attitudes for he first half of the trip.


We drove the "scenic route", thanks to my crazy dad, and stopped to take some pictures at the top of the windy road we had just endured. Unfortunatly, about 5 minutes after making it to the top of that mountain, my happy little girl started throwing up all over the car {granted, this was also about 45 min after lunch}. I had completely forgotten that she tends to get car sick on trips.


We pulled over, stripped her down, and cleaned everything up as best we could but she was not a happy camper after that.


Fortunatly, she fell asleep and stayed asleep for almost the entire rets of the drive to Carlsbad.


The first thing we did when we arrived in Carlsbad was head to the beach! It was a beautiful day and we didn't want to miss out.


Spidey was a little confused but happy about a place covered in sand and/or water.


Petey LOVED playing in the sand.


So did K Bear.


Wilbur Force, working on his tan.


After playing in the water for a bit, Spidey learned that sand sticks to wet bodies. He absolutely loved digging and being covered in sand.








When we got back to the condo, we showered and took a tour around the house. Spidey had fun playing in the pillows on the bed.Isnt K Bear just adorable??? He was so happy that I brought over Belly Washers.







And so was Petey. My kids LOVE these and dont get to have them often (they are mainly water drinkers).



Stay tuned for Part 2 of our trip! (I'm not quite sure how many parts there will be but bear with me).



And that's how Suze sees it.


No comments: