Monday, August 22, 2011

Big Boy Milestones

A year ago, if someone had told me what I'd be doing today, I probably wouldn't believe them.
But alas, our lives have just gotten crazier.
I will give my husband's appendectomy it's own post later but for now, I wanted to post about the big toddler boy in our family.He's just adorable, isn't he? And that isn't me being biased, I hear it all the time from family, friends and strangers. He just has SO much personality. I wish I could take a video of him throughout a day and just post it for you to get to know him better. Trust me, you'd love it. :)

Lately, Spidey likes to rub his food on his face and in his hair. Talk about annoying and cute all wrapped into one. It doesnt even have to be a food that'd normally make a mess...he will find a way to grind it into his hair.

Spidey surprised me the other day by stacking sixteen blocks, without them falling over. Of course, he knocked them over a minute later but oh well. :) I couldn't believe how steady his little hands were when he was stacking them all. His concentration is a lot of times better than Petey's. He can play hide and seek better than any other 22 month old I've ever met.

Though this picture doesn't really show it, Spidey also learned how to do a somersault the other day. Again, I couldn't believe it. How could my tiny baby be doing all of this new, big boy things?

The last thing our big boy has learned recently was something he has been working on for quite some time. He learned to jump off the ground with two feet. Petey does this constantly throughout the day and Spidey would try and mimick what she was doing. It was actually adorable to see him trying tso hard to do something that to us, seems so simple.

But as you can see by both of his feet leaving the ground in the above picture, his determined little self finally succeeded.


I'm so proud of my little toddler boy. He is such a cutie patootie and has quite a personality for someone so small (and trust me if you've never met him, he is certainly small...poor guy).


And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: