Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hoarders: Maughan Edition

{Disclaimer: As embarrassing as this is to post, my house will NEVER look like that first picture again. Ever ever ever.}
The other day, Boss and I went out on a date and my mom watched the kids. In the middle of our lunch, I proposed to Boss an idea that I thought he would absolutely hate. The kids room is unbearably cramped between the two beds and all of their toys. I asked Boss what he would think of moving them to the master bedroom, since we don't need a lot of space between the two of us.
I also wanted to give Boss a push to sort through a bunch of his old school stuff. And by that, I meant I wanted our room to NOT look like an episode of Hoarders. I know, it's scary. Boss actually had a desk in here but needed it for something else so in that time crunch, he just took all of his school stuff out of the desk and layed it ALL over our floor (and I think that happened 3 months ago). I was getting sick of the mess on his side of the bed...

...and I had a big mess on my side of the bed too. We also hadn't found a place for our food storage and had it stacked up in piles around our room. It was bad.

Boss said he would think about the idea and about thirty minutes after I dropped him off at home, he sent me a picture text with all the kids clothes moved to our nice, big, beautiful closet (Yeah, I miss it) that said, "Let's do it!"

I was so happy that he agreed and that we think alike. If I had gotten the ok from him, I would've started moving stuff immediately too. We are so much alike in that way. :)

So here is one before picture of the kids room. It doesn't do the room justice because Boss had already moved Petey's humongous play kitchen and a couple of other toys into the main room.

For the past two days, our main room looked like this. Has anybody seen my son? I think we lost him during this process. :)

This afternoon, we finally got the kids toys put in their new room, along with their beds (which we had moved the night before).

Can you tell we were tired? Boss fell asleep on Petey's mattress.

In the kid's old bedroom, Petey actually slept in that crib but with the side off (day bed style) and Spidey slept in a pack'n'play. The reason being that two months ago, we planned to buy Petey bunk beds and put Spidey back in the regular crib. It seems that everytime we are ready to buy them, something has come up that we've had to spend the money on instead. "sigh" Someday, she'll have bunk beds but for now, we decided to just put her on the extra crib mattress we had in the garage.

Here are the kids playing with their toys. Now they actually have room to play! (Can you tell our girl is the oldest? Seems like every toy we own is PINK! Spidey is having a birthday next month and I need to get him some more manly toys)

And here is our new room. We are packed tight in it(Seriously, our bed takes up at least 3/4 of the room) but all we do in there is sleep anyway.

There are a few things we still have to put away but we are pretty much there. I went to the store at 10pm last night and bought 8 rubbermaid boxes so Boss could decide what books/papers/etc to keep and what to get rid of. And we filled all 8! But as long as everything is organized and put away, I dont mind if he keeps it.


During our little remodel, Spidey kept us on our toes. That kid is such a busy body! We tried to put him down for a nap today and the next thing I knew, he was laying on the couch watching a movie with Petey. So I tested it out. I put him back in bed, turned off the lights, and watched as he climbed right out of the darn bed! "sigh" Luckily, the crib had a couple more inches to go down and he can no longer get out...for now, that is.

I also walked past the bathroom to see this...Spidey sitting IN the sink, brushing his teeth with his toothbrush and Petey's toothbrush. "sigh"

And if I havent already proved my point, here is my little climber, standing on top of his sister's play kitchen.

What am I gonna do with you, Spidester?!


And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: