Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sassy Zebra Dress

As you know, I'm obsessed with Pinterest. My husband is actually not one of those who hates pinterest because I've actually put it to good use. Yes, I can easily spend 3+ hours searching for cute ideas if I don't set a limit but usually, I'm pretty good about it.
Tonight, as I finished another pinterest-inspired project, he actually said that he liked Pinterest, since it gets me to sew and create more often.
Which brings me to...The Sassy Zebra Pillowcase Dress.
I first saw my inspiration for this dress here. It is adorable and I wanted to recreate it. Then I saw this dress and realize how much easier and cheaper it would be.
So off we headed to Hobby Lobby for some $.87 bandanas!
How did I get so lucky to have such a beautiful, happy little girl?


I actually never even clicked on that second link before making this dress. I just looked at the picture and created it on my own. As you can see, just sewing the two bandanas together was the wrong idea. It was HUGE around Petey. I got frustrated and almost gave up but decided to stick with it.

So I cut off about 4 inches on one side, sewed it back up and added a little piece of elastic to the chest area to scrunch it up a bit.

Simple and cute.

Here's the back. I cut a slit in the back of the dress so the tulle would be tied back there instead of on one of the sleeves.

Well, after Miss Petey went to bed, I decided the dress needed even more so I added a 3-layer tulle ruffle to the bottom. And yes, you read that correctly...I did a ruffle! Not a pleat as I did with the last skirt I made Petey. I don't even know what I did differently but I successfully did my first ruffle tonight. And I think it looks pretty darn adorable.

Petey will probably be wearing it to church tomorrow so I'll try to get more pictures of it on her.


Thank you, inventor of Pinterest!


And that's how Suze sees it.


No comments: