Saturday, September 17, 2011

When Push Comes to Shove

Today, we were driving in the car and one of my favorite Rascal Flatts songs came on the radio.
"Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of.
You might bend til you break
Cause it's all you can take.
On your knees you look up
Decide you've had enough.
You get mad, you get strong
Wipe your hands, shake it off.
Then you stand."
I am sometimes broken. And many times, I fall on my knees. But you had better believe that while on my knees, I say a prayer. Every time.
My life is very up and down. I have so many joys and more days than not, I am just plain grateful for my life. The down days have been less. But when they hit, they hit hard.

My sister called yesterday and told me she found out her 'Bun in the Oven' is a girl. That will be the 2nd girl out of 6 grandkids (Petey was the 1st and only granddaughter for 3.5 yrs.). I cried when she told me and I couldn't figure out why I was crying. I am so darn happy that my sister is having a girl. Most of the tears were joyful. I think a few of them were jealousy. We started trying almost the same time as my cute sister and she is halfway done with her pregnancy. But I am so happy for her...and for me. I get to make things for another little baby girl! I promise that is genuine.
I think her having a girl will bring us closer. And she is going to be such a great momma for that little girl. I'm actually quite ecstatic about the whole thing. The icing on the cake would be for me to get pregnant and be able to have a baby girl (or boy...I really just want a healthy baby.) that can be friends with hers!
Right now, all I can do is love the ones I have a little more. And give them ice cream when they ask nicely. :)


And that's how Suze sees it.

No comments: