Monday, September 5, 2011

Sneak Peek + Funny Story = This Blog Post

Hi there.
I've got a quick story and a sneak peek to tide you over until I can write down the full tutorial for these super cute pants Petey is wearing. Aren't they adorable? Or am I the only person that loves tulle so much that Ill put it on ANYTHING?

So anyway, about that story. As I was looking at this picture of Petey and her perfect beauty pagaent pose (which was completely unprompted by me...she comes up with these poses on her own!), it reminded me of when we were at Disneyland last month. Petey was wearing her cute Tinkerbell dress up and I had her hair done quite perfectly. Well, some woman (late 20's, dress smaller than one of my socks, bottle blonde hair, stripper heels, orange tan, etc) came up to us and was gushing about how adorable my daughter was. I kept thanking her but she kept saying it over and over (maybe she was drunk now that I think of it). Then, before she walked away, she said, "Your daughter has the perfect looks. You should put her in beauty pagaents." And I had to stifle a laugh as she walked away.
I'm sorry but we are not beauty pagaent people. As much as Petey may or may not thrive in them, she isn't doing them. At least not until she is of the age where she is older and more independent and understands what pagaents are all about. I will NOT be on the next episode of Toddlers and Tiaras. Sorry.
But doesn't this picture make you think she'd be perfect for them? Where does she come up with this stuff?

And that's how Suze sees it.

PS: Did you even notice her feet are in perfect 5th position? She starts dance on Wednesday---maybe she'll be ahead of the class. :)

No comments: