Saturday, January 29, 2011

How do I?

How do I keep my house oragnized?

Ok, laugh all you want if you've been to my house and are now reading this post. Clean? My house? Ha! But in all seriousness, I needed help in this area and decided to do something about it.

First of all, I have started following Fly Lady and have used so many tips from her. Sometimes, I just get bogged down with the cleaning of my house---and the tornado that runs through it every morning. My kids are so icky sticky and their mess travels. And then there's the adult mess.
I am THE WORST at getting my dirty clothes in a hamper or putting away clothes that I've tried on only to find I don't feel like wearing that. I create clothes clutter on our floor.
My husband is THE WORST at rinsing out dishes. He creates "longer dirty dish time in the sink" clutter because I have to soak the dishes before I can scrub off the food.
We all have our faults. And we all work on those faults but we make mistakes and we don't always remember to "clean as we go".

But having been at my parent's house this week, I have been forced to "clean as I go". One of my brother's chores is to empty the dishwasher every day...which forces me to do the dishes daily. I know that most people do their dishes daily but I just wasnt one of those people.

So here is what I implented in our home. I have a chart that is filled with chores (sound like fun yet?). Each day, I have written down certain areas in our home to clean and I make sure to get them done every day. Dishes are done on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. Laundry is done Tuesdays and Thursdays. Etc.
One thing I have found is that I cannot always just do these chores and nothing else. The main goal is to AT LEAST get these daily chores done. If my son poops on his clothes, an load of laundry will be done on a M-W-F-S and if the dishes in the sink are too full, I will load the dishwasher on a T-TH. Or let's say mopping is done twice a week but on a non-mopping day, Petey spills her orange juice. Well, I am going to mop.
At first, I tried to make excuses that ONLY certain jobs were to be done on certain days but this doesnt help me in the long run. I am trying to train myself to clean as I go as much as possible.

So there you have it. My tips for keeping my house in order.

And that's how Suze sees it.

1 comment:

Tahnee said...

chores!! never ending!!

and yes.. i dont want my 3 year old sleeping with me :)