Anyway, I am highlighting 3 meals from the past week in my post today.
The first meal was manadarin orange chicken stir fry.
I cheated and used a "Simply Asia" packet for my seasoning on the stir fry but I cooked everything else. Doesn't that still count?Steps:
- Cook chicken strips in a pan.
- Add any veggies you want in your stir fry and heat them in skillet with cooked chicken.
- Add mandarin oranges.
- Pour in sauce...and you're done.
It was pretty darn good. I cooked this right before Boss came home from something and I completely forgot to cook rice or noodles to go with it but we just ate it plain. Petey hated it---but we liked it. :)
One of my favorite childhood meals was english muffin pizzas. I know, very amateur, but have you met me?
- Lay out english muffin halves on a pan.
- Add pizza sauces and any toppings.
- Broil in oven on 450 for probably 5 minutes.
Have you noticed I really like 3-4 step meals? I don't like cooking in 3 different pans for the same dish and somehow pulling everything together. Maybe I'll get there...I'm not there yet. I put onions and spinach on my pizzas and pepperonis on all of the kid's pizzas.
Third Meal: Ground beef, red potatoes, and corn.
- Cook ground beef in a pan and add any seasonings (I stuck with season salt, pepper, and a little chili powder),
- Dice red potatoes (keep the skins on, yum!) and add them to boiling water until they are soft.
- I used frozen corn and just heated it in a bowl on the stove. It was super easy and I sprayed it with spray butter after it was done cooking.
By far, meal # 3 has been my favorite this week. Maybe because Boss' aunt introduced me to Shepherds Pie a couple months ago and the two are very similiar. Even though I made all of my dishes separate and served them to the kids separately, I mixed all 3 of my dishes together. Yummm!
And that's how Suze attempts to cook.
PS: Tomorrow night's dish will be a contender with meal # 3. I saw it on Paula Dean's show and am going to try and copy it tomorrow for Sunday dinner. Sausage Potato Salad. Yum!